I had to cut myself off on adding new features to Focuses pretty early on. If I let myself keep going, I probably never would've released.
Here's a few things on my roadmap that I would like to work on.
- Better iPad support. This might be my biggest priority. Current iPad support is basic at best. I wanted to launch with multiple device support using CloudKit. I had never used CloudKit before, so I'm glad I went ahead, because I quickly found I did things wrong. A lot of people's data would not have synced if I added it later. Anyway, my focus was on getting Focuses onto iPad, not making a good iPad app. There's a lot about making good iPad apps that I just don't know, so I'm excited to learn.
- Data import/export. I think it would be nice to be able to export all the data as a CSV or something. Importing will be a little tricky because I will have to think about how to handle existing data. I could always start with just export.
- Shortcuts support. There's a few shortcuts that I think might be useful.
- Watch app. I've never built a watch app before, so that would be kind of fun.
- Graphs and trends. Some beta testers said that having graphs might be nice. While I think the calendar view does a pretty good job, I'm going to explore this. Perhaps a way to view week by week or month by month instead of day by day. Or a way to see at a glance if you're doing better or worse on a particular focus.
- Widget. I've also never made a widget, so again, lots to figure out.
- Smarter and richer notifications. Right now, notifications are pretty basic, once a day at the same time, regardless of if you've entered scores or not. There's a lot of opportunity here to do more.